WELLGROVE EQUINE QUARANTINE
"Get OUT of CEM Quarantine and IN the Ring Faster"
Offering exceptional care while your horse undergoes the CEM import process in Wellington, Loxahatchee, and South Florida
WellGrove Quarantine is located at WellGrove Farm, a spacious and private facility designed for the professional horseman. We are conveniently located to Wellington, WEF, Global Dressage, IPC, White Fences and Jim Brandon Equestrian Center
- 6 Sprawling Acres – Your horse has plenty of room to graze and relax.
- 30 12′ x 12′ Stalls with Fans – Your horse will have space, stay cool, and recover from the travel from Europe.
- Fly spray system – Everyone hates flies, especially your horse.
- No Tent Stalls – Your horse is too valuable to live under a tent in a temporary stall.
- 8 Wash Racks – Your horse can be rinsed at any time
- Air Conditioned Tack Rooms and Storage Spaces – Florida weather won’t ruin your tack and you can cool off between rides.
- Veterinary Facility with veterinarians on premises – Your horse is monitored and can receive medical treatment if necessary at any time.
- Main Arena: 118 ft x 240 ft – features 60′ Dressage Mirror Wall – Never stop training
- Auxillary Arena: 130 ft x 140 ft – Features privacy fencing and hedging so you and your horse stay focused and undistracted.
- Quality Natural Footing – Weather fluctuations won’t stop you. Footing drains during the wet season and is fully-irrigated for optimal condition during the dry season.
- Jumps Available – challenge your horse or keep it light… it’s your choice.
- Lunge and Train – work on fundamentals in a safe environment, especially with young horses.
Specially trained staff
Erin Newkirk, DVM
Dr. Erin Newkirk is the go-to veterinarian for Equine Wellness and Reproduction in all of South Florida.
Dr. Erin Newkirk is a 2007 graduate of the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine and a valued team member at Wellington Quarantine. Dr. Newkirk is a well rounded veterinarian proficient in all aspects of equine medicine.
Today, Dr. Newkirk’s efforts have been directed toward enhancement and development of her own WellGrove Equine’s reproduction service and care which includes an extensive laboratory to support equine breeding and reproduction medicine. In addition, Dr. Newkirk is one of the most experienced professionals involved in the testing procedures for CEM Import in the United States, Dr. Newkirk was chosen by the Department of Agriculture to lead the symposium on CEM protocol.
CEM QUARANTINE COST
Included in your stay is CEM testing procedures, complementary Coggins, board, grain, unlimited hay, shavings, and use of the facility. Other services can be arranged by request, including exercise, clipping, handling for your vet or farrier.
***Florida Department of Agriculture Fee not included (this is usually paid for with the shipper and is $1250 for the first horse and $750 for each additional horse)